Saturday, March 28, 2015

2 Years of "Big Stuff"

Rather than a very wordy post to catch up on all that has happened over the past 2 years since I moved to LA, I will list some of the "big stuff", good and bad (in chronological order), so I can jump right into the "meat" of my life in upcoming posts. I may revisit some of these events in future posts, to give more detail, but this will give you a quick overview, for context. 1. Performed at House of Blues and various other venues in LA (as a featured soloist and as a backup singer) 2. Produced and released an EP with all original songs, which I'm proud to say is available on cdbbaby.com and iTunes: 3. Celebrated 1 year together with my boyfriend at the time! 4. Got engaged (whoot!) 5. Got married (WHOOT!!!) 6. Got pregnant and miscarried 7. Worked 5, yes, 5 jobs (teaching at 3 private studios and an elementary school, as well as a bakery (Georgetown Cupcakes) 8. Was offered a full-time music teaching job in Hawaii (we were already planning to move to Hawaii to further my husband's acting career) 9. Moved to Hawaii 10. Two more pregnancies and miscarriages So, to make a very long story very short, my husband and I live in Hawaii now. We have a sweet little studio on the edge of a park in a quiet little town called Laie, on the Windward side of the island. When it's not the death heat of summer, there are cool breezes and we have one, yes, one traffic light. It's a huge change from fast-paced, busy LA to the country life here in Laie. Life is quieter. Commute time is vastly improved! The spirit of Aloha is alive and well. We love our little town and the beauty of the island. It has certainly been an adjustment, though- my class sizes are huge, support for the arts is not what I had hoped it would be, living expenses are crazy, the summer heat was ridiculous- as with every new environment, it takes some getting used to. But, as with Boston, and as with LA, my journey continues and, I hope and pray, molds and shapes me into a better version of myself with each passing day.

No comments: