Monday, November 5, 2012

The latest...

The job search continues... I'll update you on that when there's something to update. Last night, Tupua and I went to a meeting at a friend's house. It's pretty much all people in the industry, that are in situations similar to ours. They talk about what they've learned the past week, their goals, how to reach them, things they're doing, and support and encourage each other. It was actually really beautiful to see their interactions- they're all extremely positive and motivated. At the end of the meeting, they choose accountability partners. I'm in a trio with two other girls, one of whom I've never even met (she couldn't make the meeting but we called her) and it's been really great so far. Both girls have checked in with me today, to see how I'm doing, and have been so excited and happy for me and, even though I don't know them that well, I feel excited and happy for their successes too! I'm actually really confused about what I want and what my goals are/should be, so I'm focusing mostly on that this week, but it's really nice to know I'm accountable to them, and to the group. It's also really fun to do this with Tupua and know that he has positive support coming from several sources too. Change is hard, but it feels doable. I'm reminded of a quote I always loved, on my grandma's fridge: "We are a certain way by nature; we stay that way by choice."

1 comment:

Ang said...

I love that quote and I am so glad that you have that group to be a part of! Great things are coming your way!